The trick to locking any lip color in place is with the demarcating powers of lip liner.
- Start by defining your cupid's bow, the most complex part of your lip shape.
- Outline the perimeter of your lips moving outward from the center.
- Proceed to the corner of your lips.
- Beginning at the center of your bottom lip, draw along the perimeter.
- Connect the line all the way to the corners of your lip.
TIP • Blend the lip liner toward the center of your mouth for a more natural lipstick application.
TIP • Alternately, you can use lip liner as a long-lasting matte lipstick by filling in your entire lip from the center out.