The question most often asked to makeup artists, "How do you do a smoky eye?" can be illustrated in six simple steps.
- Using an eye shadow brush, apply grey eye shadow across the entire eyelid all the way up to the hollow beneath the brow bone and just past the outer corner of the eyelid.
- Using an eyeliner brush, apply a dark grey eye shadow along the bottom lash line.
- Draw on black eyeliner to the bottom lash waterline (the strip of skin between your lashes and eyes).
- Using an eye shadow brush, concentrate a darker gray shadow on the outer corner of the eye, all the way up to the hollow beneath the brow bone and out to just past the eyelid.
- Apply black liner to the top lash line, close to the lashes.
- Curl lashes and apply mascara.
TIP • Try this look in subtle browns for a daytime take on the smoky eye.