What do Brigitte Bardot, Sophia Loren, Marilyn Monroe and Siouxsie Sioux have in common? An angled sweep of eyeliner that has the capability to turn an everywoman into an icon.
- Starting at the outer corner of your bottom lid, draw an angled line up toward your brow bone at the length of your choosing. This will be the bottom outline of your cat-eye wing.
- Looking straight ahead, draw a line from the center of your top lash line (just above the iris) up and out to meet the far tip of the first line.
- Draw a line from the inner corner of the eye to meet the second line just after the iris.
- Fill in the negative space between the lash line and eyeliner on the inner eyelid.
- Fill in the negative space between the lash line and eyeliner on the outer part of your eyelid.
- Curl lashes and apply mascara.
TIP • Felt-tip eyeliners provide the most precision, while liquid liners generally boast lasting power and impact, and kohl liners will provide a smoky, blurred effect.